Flipping

I buy books. And sometimes I read them. This blog is for the times when I do more than just store shelf candy.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wishlist Wednesday 1: Walter Benjamin's The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction.

It's Wishlist Wednesday, when I blog about the books I lust for.

Top on my list is Walter Benjamin's The Work of Art in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction.

I have no intention of reading this cover to cover, unless I absolutely have to; maybe in a fit of academic pretentiousness. But I want to have it because I just love, love, love the cover. Scrumptious cover that perfectly matches the title and theme of the book.

I saw it on a list of 2008's Best Book Covers, and I fell madly in love. Props go to cover designer Jason Booher.

I can't even find the ISBN in Amazon. Could it be out of print so soon after its printing?

Any one who gives me this in that cover will receive my lifetime, loyal-puppy adoration.

ISBN: 0141036192

1 comment:

  1. Very nice cover nga. I haven't read this author. Though I have also one of his books (Illuminations) in my w-list. This edition of The Work of Art is actually listed in Amazon UK.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails