Flipping

I buy books. And sometimes I read them. This blog is for the times when I do more than just store shelf candy.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Gotta Wear Shades Because the Spotlight is on Me


I used to (and still will) blog as Islandhopper, in a blog that was supposed to be a catchall for all my personal angst as well as my restaurant and book reviews. By my standards, the blog got pretty decent traffic that made me feel loved and noticed. But the blog (and I) started having identity issues, and so I started this offshoot blog to focus on book reviews. After the shift, I realized that my friends didn't love me much for my brains but more for my gastronomic adventures and recommendations. :(

Though I mainly blog for myself (to document my life as a way of counteracting the ravages of age on my memory), my ego did suffer a blow. Nevertheless, I will continue to blog about my reading adventures, albeit intermittently, because uhm, well, why, oh, just to have something to show for all the time and money I spend book shopping. Thanks to Melange for her encouragement. She spotlighted me in her blog and made me blush and smile, and made me guilty for not updating more frequently, and just made me feel that there really is something worthwhile about this book blogging thing. Thanks, Melange. This recognition coming from one of my favorite book bloggers is much, much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Aw! You're so sweet. I'm so happy you liked it. Your blog sorely deserved a spotlight as it's a wonderful place to hang out when I'm suppose to be doing homework!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go do your homework, Melange. He he. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, some people appreciate you for your brains, too. I hope to see more posts from you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails