Flipping

I buy books. And sometimes I read them. This blog is for the times when I do more than just store shelf candy.

Monday, February 14, 2011

So, it's 2011. And My Reading Challenges are:

  • to read 80 books in total, averaging 250 pages per book - That's to prevent me from cheating all the time with picture books;
  • to read 26 authors I have not read before, with surnames from Z to A in that order;
  • to read at least 4 classics;
  • to read all assigned books for our book club discussions.
I'll be updating my progress in shelfari here.

I have no book buying restrictions. But I'm bracing for a no book buying year in 2012, when they say the world would end.

And I'll still try to have some kind of life outside books.

7 comments:

  1. Ah yes, the 2012 thing. Not sure of my thoughts on that. I think you have very admirable and doable goals. I especially like the Z to A author thing. Good luck gege. I'm sure you will give it your best effort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Jenny. I don't believe in the 2012 thing. I was being glib. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Honey.I better get on with my reading. Got caught up with work.

    And the barbie dolls. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no book buying by 2012? maybe the world is coming to an end...or maybe by then you'll have the urge to shift to ebooks? cheers to you and the challenge. i know you'll do well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck!
    parang di ko kaya ang no book buying, wait.. free ebook downloads?? do they count?

    what classics are you going to read? =)

    - joko

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails